IPSF & PTA:
Partners in Enhancing Your Child’s Education
Although separate organizations, IPSF and Irvine Unified Council PTA share one common goal: work with IUSD to ensure excellence in education. While PTA’s primary mission is advocacy, they also raise funds to support individual schools. IPSF’s primary mission is to provide programs and funding to support districtwide programs at every school. With our different structures, Irvine has great opportunities to support both, and together give students what they need to succeed.
What IPSF Does:
- Provides funding to IUSD in critical areas including salaries for instructional assistants and teachers to reduce class size, music programs, high school athletic trainers, and the Irvine CubeSat STEM Program
- Provides grants to teachers to implement innovative teaching methods and technology
- Works with corporate sponsors to help fund STEAM-related programs such as the IUSD Science Fair, and the 21st Century Career Conference
- Provides quality social enterprise programs such as Summer Enrichment Academy (SEA), Afterschool Classroom Enrichment (ACE), and Instrument Rental (IR)
- All donations to IPSF are eligible to be matched by the City of Irvine dollar for dollar
What PTA Does:
- Funds site-specific needs which can vary by school such as equipment and supplies, classroom technology, support for PE paraprofessionals, Meet the Masters art program, health clerks, media clerks and enhanced technology
- Hosts assemblies, playground activities, parent education, book fairs, field trips, and coordinating teacher appreciation events and Reflections Program for school site
- Some schools also fund areas such as software for computer programs, mini grants to teachers, and Grad Night
Through our combined efforts, IPSF and PTA are enriching the educational experience of each child in every school
PTA & IPSF Pay for Different Things
PTA = Great Stuff for Your School
PTA funds site-specific needs, such as equipment and supplies. For example, classroom and art materials, library books, computers and technology purchases, school equipment, and enrichment programs.
PTA Programs = School Site Specific
Most PTA programs are focused at the school site. Examples include assemblies, playground activities, parent education, family nights, jog-a-thons, and book fairs.
IPSF = Great Staff for Every School
IPSF’s annual grant to IUSD pays for staff expenses such as teacher salaries. For example, teachers, instructional assistants, music specialists, nurses, and athletic trainers were funded in part by IPSF in 2016-17.
IPSF Programs = Districtwide
IPSF programs take place at schools throughout the district, ensuring equal access for all students. For example, Afterschool Classroom Enrichment (ACE), Summer Enrichment Academy (SEA), etc.